If love would have been a tangible thing, perhaps it would look like a chocolate truffle cake! The dense, moist, soft, and luxurious cake exudes love and happiness. It is one of the most famous cake flavors in the world. On a variety of special occasions, a chocolate truffle cake remains the prime attraction. There are numerous online stores and local bakeries who prepares mesmerizing chocolate truffle cake which you order before the birthday bash. But nothing can come near the emotion placed behind a homemade cake! For that extra dose of love, care, and affection, a homemade cake tastes a bit better than the rest. So, for the next birthday party at your home, you can make this awesome cake and surprise your family.
It’s really easy to make a chocolate truffle cake at home. Read below and know the simple recipe!
What you Need for Chocolate Frosting?
Finely Chopped Semi-Sweet or Dark Chocolate – 18 Ounces or 500 grams
Heavy Cream – 2 Cups
Unsalted Butter – 1 Cup
What you Need for Chocolate Cake?
All Purpose Flour – 1 ½ Cups
Cocoa Powder – ¾ Cup
Vegetable Oil – ¼ Cup
Finely Granulated Sugar – 1 ½ Cups
Buttermilk – ¾ Cup
Hot Water – ¾ Cup
Baking Powder – 1 Tsp
Baking Soda – 1 ½ Tsp
Salt – 1 Tsp
Eggs – 2 Large
Vanilla Extract – 2 Tsp
What You Need for Assembly?
- Chocolate Flakes or Chocolate Sprinkles – 1 Cup
How to Make the Chocolate Frosting?
- Prepare the Chocolate frosting in advance before the chocolate cake.
- Firstly, you have to place the finely chopped chocolates in a large heatproof bowl.
- Take a medium-sized saucepan and combine the soft butter and serene heavy cream.
- Cook this butter and heavy cream on medium to high heat until it starts simmering. Don’t forget to keep stirring often.
- Now, pour this hot cream over the chopped chocolates and cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and keep it like that for 5-6 minutes.
- Now, give a nice stir until you get a smooth and shining texture.
- Wrap it with plastic and let it thicken and set overnight.
How to Make the Chocolate Cake?
- Firstly, pre-heat your oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Grease two round cake tins of 8 inches diameter and dust that with some cocoa powder.
- Line the bottom of the cake tin with parchment.
- Take another bowl and put all-purpose flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix all these ingredients very well.
- In another bowl whisk the eggs, oil, buttermilk, and vanilla extract. Give a very nice stir so that all the ingredients combine well. Now very slowly, pour hot water while whisking incessantly.
- Now pour this liquid mixture into the dry mix and give a nice mix for 2-3 minutes. Keep in mind that the cake batter would be very thin.
- Now divide the cake batter into two equal halves and pour it on the cake tins.
- Bake for at least 30 minutes. Check with a toothpick as well to be sure if the cake is baked or not.
- Now place the cakes on a wire rack and allow them to cool completely.
- Now you have two cakes and you may cut each of them horizontally into equal halves.
How to Assemble the Cake?
- Place one cake on a cake stand or serving plate and top with a thin layer of the chocolate frosting and spread evenly.
- Repeat with the remaining layers of the cakes.
- Now refrigerate the cake for 30 minutes.
- Now use the chocolate frosting to smooth the whole cake from top to bottom and sides.
- Place it back in the refrigerator and chill for another 30 minutes.
- Take it out and spread the Chocolate flakes or sprinkles on sides and top.
- Your cake is now ready to be cut or served.
As it is a birthday cake, you may use cream to write a Happy Birthday Note on the cake. Decorate with colorful candles and chocolate sticks to add some more fun. The birthday boy/girl is going to be exhilarated with this shining chocolate truffle cake.
If you are in a mood to prepare this cake some other time just for treating friends or relatives over a weekend, you may serve it with dollops of vanilla ice-cream!
Do let us know about your experience after you prepare this amazing chocolate truffle cake at home!
#cake #joyofbaking #chocolatetrufflecake #homemadebirthdaycake #homemadechocolatetrufflecake