The holy month of Ramadan is devoted to fasting when people pray to God for the well-being and prosperity of their loved ones. They abstain from any sort of activity that becomes an obstacle towards their path of spirituality and enlightenment.
By decorating your home for Ramadan, you can add a festive look to your space. It will also help create calm and soothing vibes that will reflect in your actions and help develop a spiritual connection with Allah during the month of fasting.
Here are some simple yet amazing Ramadan decoration ideas to deck up your home and create the ultimate ambiance.
1. Decorate the walls of your house with Happy Ramadan banner. You can make the banner at home using colorful chart paper and cutting them in mosque shape and writing Happy Ramadan over them. It can be hanged at the main door as well to give a heartwarming welcome to all your guests.
2. The flickering lights, fairy lights, electrical tea lights, and decorative lamps are some of the best decorative items to create a joyful atmosphere at home during festivals like Ramadan. In fact, in some Muslim countries, people also decorate their homes with lanterns to welcome the month of Ramadan. You can hang ornamental lanterns on doors and windows to illuminate your home with the light of love and joy.
3. Made of handcrafted paper and attractive designs, hanging star boxes come with a pre-attached gold string with which you can hang them in your rooms, doors, and windows for a wonderful Ramadan home decoration.
4. A beautiful wreath will make the perfect addition to Ramadan decoration at home. Either you can buy them from any online gift website or make at home using fresh flowers and satin ribbons with Ramadan Mubarak written in the middle of the wreath. You can hang it on your front door or in your home to bring up festive spirits during the auspicious month of Ramadan.
5. Balloons are the main decoration items for any celebration that add more fun to them. If you are bored of old plain balloons then give them more interesting look with glitters to use for Ramadan decoration. Firstly, you need to inflate balloons and paint their upper portion with a thick layer of glue using a paint brush. Now dip the balloons from the painted end into the bowl of glitter and wait for them to dry. And your glitter-dipped balloons are ready to adorn your house for Ramadan.
6. You can bring crescent-shaped Ramadan tree to your home and decorate it will stars, ornaments, fairy lights, and colored ribbons. It will add happy and colorful vibes to your home and make your Ramadan celebration even more fun and memorable.
7. Countdown Ramadan with your own creative calendar prepared using a whiteboard. You can use markers to decorate the whiteboard with floral patterns and mention in it the Sahoor and Iftar timings for each day. You can hang this personalized Ramadan calendar on your bedroom wall that will help you celebrate the festival the right way.
8. You can put Ramadan alphabetical candles in your living room that will give a beautiful display in the month of Ramadan. Watching the candles burning is a very satisfying feeling that will spread more love and light in your life.
9. You can hang paper moon lanterns on your hallway ceiling that will create a magical atmosphere in the night. Every walk you take from the hallway will remind you how special the festival of Ramadan is and it will get you in a joyful mood.
10. Adorn the walls of your house with Islamic art on Ramadan, such as calligraphy, paintings, glasswork, ceramics, and textiles. Islamic art is influenced by the culture of various nations like Greek, Egyptian, Persian, Moroccan, and Indian that will adorn your abode and fill it with colorful vibes.