The term ‘medicinal plants’ include herbs that are used for medicinal purposes. People grow these medicinal plants in homes or gardens that are useful in treating common ailments. These medicinal or herbal plants have been a part of our lives since prehistoric times that can effectively treat multiple health problems. However, with so much modernisation, their value and powers have been forgotten. So, if you are interested in natural cures as provided in the good ol’ days, bring home these indoor and outdoor plants in the UAE.
Let’s have a look at the 7 types of medicinal plants and their notable health benefits:
- Commonly known as ‘Holy Basil’, tulsi is an herb used in Ayurveda for treating cough and indigestion.
- The strong aroma of tulsi is known to keep bacterial growth at bay.
- Tulsi is known to have anti-cancer properties and considered good for hair loss, diabetes, and heart diseases.
- Mint is a freshly fragrant medicinal plant that treats indigestion, boosts immunity, and improves the way the brain functions.
- Menthol is an organic compound obtained from the oils of mint that helps get rid of congestion and improves breathing.
- Chewing mint-flavoured gums helps get rid of bad breath and kill bacteria.
- The gel of aloe vera plant leaves contain numerous beneficial compounds, including vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and amino acids.
- One of the popular aloe vera medicinal uses includes- treatment of sores, burns, sunburns, and acne.
- The aloe vera juice is effective at reducing dental plaque and treats constipation.
- Chamomile is a great medicinal plant for relieving a variety of ailments and effective in diseases including diabetes and cancer.
- Chamomile is commonly consumed as a tea that helps relax, aids sleep, and relieves pain.
- Consuming chamomile tea also improves overall skin health and relieves congestion.
- Echinacea is another famous medicinal plant this is consumed as a tea and it has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antiviral properties.
- It accelerates recovery from the common cold and strengthens the immune system.
- Echinacea also helps prevent urinary tract infections and relieves upper respiratory issues.
- Lavender is an herbal plant commonly used for medicinal and therapeutic properties.
- Lavender oil has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that heal burns and bug bites.
- Consuming lavender tea can help digestive issues, such as nausea, vomiting, abdominal swelling, upset stomach, intestinal gas, and treats respiratory problems.
- Marigold is a fragrant plant used for healing wounds, burns, rashes, itchiness, and swelling. It promotes the growth of healthy new tissues and hydrates dry skin.
- It has strong antibacterial and antiseptic properties that reduce inflammation and keep the body healthy.
- Consumption of tea made with marigold flowers lower symptoms caused by inflammatory bowel diseases and treats gastritis as well as reducing stomach or menstrual cramps.
Having these medicinal plants around your home will come handy in treating several infections, bowel diseases, and skin problems.
People also search for following plant-related blogs: