Every special occasion is marked extra special and remarkable with a cake. Cakes are a cornerstone to celebrate milestones. Today, other than the classic picks, there are different types of designer cakes available in the market. And the one that is currently making high waves is a Pull Me Up cake. The trend not only looks pretty but also tastes absolutely mouth-watering. This unique creation has got everyone pumped and pulled up with excitement. Though you can order this delectable cake online, you can also bake it at home easily. Here is how you can prepare a Pull Me Up cake. But, let’s go through the basics once!
What is a Pull Me Up Cake?
It is a tasteful, decadent, designer and quintessentially modern cake that is surrounded by a transparent plastic sheet. As you pull up the sheet slowly, you get an explosion of flavours all over the dish – quite mesmerising to watch. People are going gaga over this absolute delish Pull Me Up or Tsunami cake. Besides, falling flavourful layers make everyone dig right into it. The crowning point of this cake is that it is offbeat and turn the celebrations exciting. So, make your special occasions more special with this cake.
How Do you Make a Chocolate Pull Me Up Cake?
In this section, we have discussed the steps you need to follow to prepare the current obsession, i.e. chocolate Pull Me Up cake.
Ingredients Required –
For the cake: All-purpose flour (3/4th cup), cocoa powder (1/3rd cup), baking powder (½ tsp), baking soda (¼ tsp), powdered white sugar (3/4th cup), vanilla essence (½ tsp), milk (1/4th cup), Butter (250 gms)
Frosting: Whipped cream (3/4th cup)
Chocolate ganache sauce: dark chocolate compound (200 gms), cream 1 cup(240 ml)
Assembling: 2 OHP sheets, 1 cake board, dark & white chocolate chips (optional)
Steps to Follow:
- Take a pan, add butter to it and put it on flame. Stir it for a minute or two on a low flame.
- As you see the butter melting, add chocolate and keep stirring.
- Now add cocoa powder.
- Next, add sugar & vanilla essence and keep stirring all the ingredients at low flame. In addition, the consistency should neither be too thick nor too runny.
- Keep cooking for at least 5-7 minutes.
- Once done, turn off the heat and transfer it to a bowl.
- Now, sieve all-purpose flour, baking soda and baking powder into your mixture.
- Add milk and whisk it well to prepare a smooth batter.
- Now, take a cake tin, and apply butter to it.
- Spread the batter into this tin. Tap the tin lightly to release bubbles if any.
- Bake it for 40-45 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 degrees.
- In the meantime, prepare a chocolate ganache. To prepare it, cook cream and chocolate together for 10 minutes. Your ganache is all ready, creamy and smooth like lava.
Steps to Assemble the Pull Me Up Cake –
- Use a knife to release your cake onto a plate. Let it cool down for ~10 minutes.
- Now, cut it into two equal halves.
- Take one half and spread whipped cream onto it. Now, put the second layer of the cake on the first one and lather it well with the cream and decorations of your choice.
- Now stick two OHP sheets together and create a boundary around the cake. Seal the ends with a cello tape.
- Next, slowly pour the chocolate ganache over the cake inside the sheet.
- Garnish/Decorate the cake as you wish. You can add choco chips, silver pears, wafer sticks or any cake topper.
Now pull up the sheet and taa-daa! Enjoy the waterfall of decadence! If you want to prepare the other Pull Me Up cakes (barbie cakes, princess cakes, rainbow cakes, etc.), the process of preparing them is almost similar, with slight variations. So, get creative, put on your baker’s cap, pull out the baking gears and get ready to party!