With Christmas around the corner, it is time to reunite with family members, exchange gifts and spread happiness into their lives. This festive season is all about decorating houses on Christmas, feasting on delicious food, and cherishing yummy Christmas cake. The great-smelling, delicious Christmas cake adds joy to parties and helps people create wonderful get-together moments. While people are busy searching for Christmas cake ideas online, we are sharing a quick and easy Christmas fruit cake recipe that you can try at home and serve your guests and relatives at the Xmas party.
Christmas Fruit Cake Recipe
- 175 gms unsalted butter
- 150 gms honey
- 175 gms dark brown sugar
- 4 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp mixed spices
- 2 oranges- zest & juice
- 500 gms mixed dried fruits (raisins, sultanas, glace cherries, mixed peels)
- 125 ml liqueur
- 3 large eggs
- 75 gms ground almond
- 150 gms plain flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- In a large pot, add the ingredients of list A and boil on a gentle heat for at least 5 min.
Keep stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool down for 15-20 mins.
- Beat the 3 eggs together.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pot of fruit sauce and mix well using a spatula.
- Add the ingredients of list B into the prepared mixture.
- Stir it well until the flour blends completely with the mixture.
- Pour the batter into a lightly greased 8” round tin lined with non-stick baking paper on
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 to 1.5 hours or until the cake
feels firm to the touch and a skewer comes out clean after being inserted into the cake.
- Remove the cake from the oven and place the tin on a wire rack and let it cool for about
- Remove the cake from the tin and peel away the lining paper. The flavor of the fruit
cake will be developed by the next day.
- You can wrap the fruit cake in clean baking parchment and store in a cool place for up to
5 days. The cake can be frozen for up to 3 months.
If you want to keep the Christmas fruit cake fresh and edible for a longer time, then you need to pour rum in it periodically.
People also search for these Christmas related blogs:
- Christmas Gift Ideas For Him & Her
- Flowers That Bloom During Christmas Season
- Facts about Christmas Trees & Lights You Probably Never Knew
- DIY Christmas Gift Ideas For Your Loved Ones
- Awesome Christmas Tree Decorations Ideas- Do it yourself!
- 5 Awesome Christmas Cake Decorating Ideas
- 5 Perfect Fun Christmas Gift Ideas
- How to Plan the Perfect Christmas Vacation